Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Getting (and loosing) a Job Overseas - Introduction

As time goes by, I become more and more bitter about my experiences with my last employer, and my first official employer overseas.  I think it would be a good idea to provide a retrospective blog about the entire experience, over 16 posts, or 15 months plus the hiring process, so that I can therapeutically process my feelings of anger and disappointment in a less internal way. 

The people I met and the things I did definitely added quite a few stories to my life, and only in that sense am I happy with the experience.  On the other hand, the colossal waste of time, energy, talent, and goodwill in the organization are depressing.  I don't intend to lecture, but I would like to just present the experience as I saw it, expanding and contracting eventually for readability, and maybe, eventually even turn it into a little book with some extra anecdotes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment